Friday, February 11, 2011

Only Good News Today

~ From Jan. 27, 2011~




Well, today I almost cried for joy on account of all of the good news I received. First of all, we found out that the baby is a girl! Either way was fine with me, and it is just good to know. :) I will be 20 weeks on Sunday, as the ultrasound dated me at 19 weeks and 4 days today. It was so wonderful to see her on screen. She is so pretty. She was napping I think because she didn't move a whole whole lot, and she was curled up in a ball a lot of the time. So cute! We also learned that everything showed up to be structurally well with her, which is  such a blessing.

After the ultrasound, one of the midwives checked me and said that my cervix is closed and the cerclage is holding very well. To me that is music to my ears! She said that the ultrasound showed my cervix measuring at 2.8. I thought it was very nice of her to tell me, as no one had told me any definite measurements yet, and honestly it is better than I thought it would be. :)

I also started on 17P shots today. The midwife said that these shots are progesterone that is structurally identical to the progesterone in our bodies. It is supposed to help prevent preterm labor. I had heard about them, but had not been offered them yet, so I pretty quickly agreed to them. I will be taking them weekly for the next 16 or 17 weeks.

Other than all of that, she basically said not a lot of lifting or overdoing it. I hope and pray things continue to go well. I am very optimistic right now. Please please pray that the pregnancy will continue to go well! Thanks everyone, and God bless. :)

1 comment: