Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Update on Eliana. She's 2 weeks old today! :)


Our baby girl, Eliana Elizabeth Chavis, was born on March 1, 2011. Today she is 2 weeks old. We went to see her earlier today and she has had a growth spurt! I can tell she is bigger... her little hands and feet, eyes... everything on her has grown. She is now 1lb. 7 ounces. She was 1 lb. 8 ounces when she was born, but like most babies, lost some weight after she was born. Hopefully she will surpass her birth weight soon! :)

We chose her name because we think it is beautiful, and the meanings are even more beautiful. Her name means
Eliana (God has answered) Elizabeth (God's promise) Chavis. 

We couldn't love her more. She is so precious. She is doing very well now. Most preemies have ups and downs. Right now she is doing good and is very stable. I pray that she stays that way and gets stronger and healthier everyday.

When she was born her eyes were closed. They opened a few days after she was born. First the right side opened halfway, then the next day both of her eyes were opened.  It was so wonderful to see her little eyes. They will always be one of my favorite things to look at. :) Her hands and feet are so precious, too. There is nothing about her that isn't cute! :)

3 comments:

  1. Aww, happy 2 weeks to Eliana! The name is beautiful, I love it and it suits her. I've been keeping your family in my prayers every day and hoping that Eliana continues to grow and get stronger and thrive. It's obvious that she's very loved and surrounded by wonderful people who think the world of her and give her lots of strength. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad Eliana is doing well. She surely is precious. I will keep her and all your family in my prayers as she grows and gets stronger. Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that she is doing so good, praying that she keeps growing. Can't wait to see you guys again. Please let me know if I can do anything for you guys. We love you all and we are thinking about you all. Lots of love coming your way.

    ReplyDelete