Thursday, October 22, 2009

Living With Confidence In A Chaotic World

I recently had the privilege of reading Dr. David Jeremiah's "Living With Confidence In A Chaotic World". It kept my interest from the very beginning.

Each chapter focuses on a different aspect of dealing with life's current situations. Dr. Jeremiah reminds us to Stay Calm, Compassionate, Constructive, Challenged, Connected, Centered, Confident, Consistent, Committed, and Convinced.

For each attribute we are to display, he provides very interesting true stories and little known facts, as well as solid Scripture to back up and cement it all.

My favorite part of the book came toward the end when he began to empasize that we are to be ready. He pointed out that we do not know the exact time- day, month, or year the Lord is coming but we do know that we are in or are very close to the season of our Lord's coming. He told an interesting story where one man say that he 'stays ready to keep from getting ready'. That really touched something within me.

Basically, what I got out of the book was to keep our eyes on Jesus. He truly does have everything under control. When trouble comes along it is such a temptation to focus on the situation, and that is when we start to feel helplessly lost and hopeless. When you focus on the Word of God and on growing as a Christian, then you are able to gain the correct perspective once more. Dr. Jeremiah reminds us of all of this in such an eloquent way.

I highly recommend this book. I am confident that you will close this book feeling renewed and having greater confidence in Our Lord and Savior.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful book, I must read it .
    Great review!
    ~Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get his daily devotionals too. They are really so good and helpful. So I imagine this book would be a great read too.

    I'll check it out. Maybe they have it at our library or church.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Angel,

    Thank you for your review of Living with Confidence in a Chaotic World! I work with Thomas Nelson, and I enjoyed reading your thoughts on Dr. Jeremiah’s book. Since you enjoyed Living with Confidence in a Chaotic World, I wanted to see if you would be interested in reviewing a completely revised and updated version of a Billy Graham prophecy classic – Storm Warning. Thomas Nelson just rereleased this book, and it has already hit the New York Times best-seller list.

    If you are interested, please contact me with your mailing address, and I will get the book out to you!

    Thanks!

    Jodi Hughes
    JHughes@thomasnelson.com

    ReplyDelete